: First off, I appreciate all the faves on this stamp
I didn't expect it get a lot of attention. Also I have a blog on Blogspot about this topic too that explains my opinions on anime further [link]
Did this because there was only 1 stamp on this site about this. I know there are a lot of stamps regarding weeaboos on here but it is not often I see a stamp saying "I hate and love anime."
Yes, I'll admit, I love anime (albeit not much as I'm very picky when it comes to anime) but at the same time I still have some harsh opinions on it. Here are some reasons why I love anime:
• I like some of the plots that some shows have.
• I like some of the styles.
Now here are reasons why I hate anime:
• Most of the girls have the same annoying high pitched voices.
• It is incredibly overrated because of all the praise it gets. So as a result, it "overpowers" all the other art styles/non-anime fandoms."
• The overall style is overused. Almost all of the art done by popular anime artists here look like they're all done by the same exact person. Also once I've seen enough impressive anime-styled works, they don't look as impressive anymore because it looks like I'm seeing the same thing over and over again (in particular I'm talking about the "kawaii shiny desu" anime pictures like this [link] which are more prominent than the anime images done in a more serious style which I tend to like more). I know this applies to other stuff but I tend to see this more in anime because it's much more popular as opposed to the stuff (such as cartoons and photography).
• While I do like some plots, a number of the plots you see in a lot of anime are repetitive. I know this applies to stuff like movies, TV shows, and cartoons, but again, I find this to be much more common in anime.
• Three words. The fucking fanbase. The weeaboo/Wapanese/Asian wannabe fanbase irritates me to no end. Seriously people, there's more to Japan than anime/manga, J-Pop, pocky, and video games (all of those are nice but seriously ) And there's more to Asia than just Japan too.
Remember, all of these are based off of my opinions. If you disagree with me, that's okay, I have nothing against you
I just felt like this needed to be said.
In case you are wondering what anime shows I like, I like the following:
Panty and Stocking
Pretty much anything by Miyazaki